Food serving is serious business. We all know how one and the same dish can look very yummy or totally disgusting depending on the way it’s placed on the plate or displayed in a menu.
The thing is, gross-looking food is usually the result of some unfortunate mishap. All the stranger, then, that there are restaurants—and high-end ones, at that!—who go out of their way to serve you the least appetizing-looking food imaginable.
Don’t believe us? Just look at these babies:
1. I’d like a Diarrhea Duck, please.
2. Looks like it’s already been eaten once.
3. What horror is this?!
4. These instant noodles suck.
5. This actually looks like some secret symbol.
6. In case you’re wondering, it’s peanut brittle arranged to look like Indonesia.
7. That is one massive black hole.
8. So metal!
9. Carrot Latte… in an actual carrot!
10. The food is somewhere in there.
11. Spaghetti held up on a platform—to make it cold and hard to eat?
12. This is Switzerland. Guess they’re out of plates.
13. Um, it looks like someone shit the bed.
Do you like food served in unusual ways?